How to Reset Extender: A Must-Read Guide
Forgot your extender’s admin password? Is your extender suddenly stopped working? Can’t access login page of your extender? If you node your head in ‘Yes’, it’s time to reset extender. Yes you read it right, resetting your extender to default values will help you fix all these issues in a hassle-free manner.
Don’t you know how to reset extender? Never mind! This post will walk you through each and every step involved in the extender factory reset process. Here we go.
Key Points to Follow Before You Reset Range Extender
If you want to complete your Nighthawk WiFi range extender reset process smoothly, then go through the following tips first:
- Find a well-fitting AC electrical outlet
- Don’t use a spotty or weak internet connection for the reset process
- Avoid connecting your extender using an Ethernet cable
- Never use any worn out cables for making the wired connections
A factory reset deletes all the customized extender settings, including your password, user name, security settings, and network name (SSID). So, it’s better to note down the personalized settings or take a backup of the current extender settings. Doing so will make the reconfiguration process easier when you redo the Netgear extender setup.
How to Reset WiFi Extender?
You can factory reset extender via two methods:
- Using the Reset button
- Via the web user interface
Let’s discuss both of the methods one by one.
1. Reset Extender Using the Reset Button
Here are the steps to use the Reset button for restoring the default factory settings of your range extender:
- Plug in and power on your wireless range extender.
- Find the Reset button on the back or bottom of your extender.
- Once found, use a pin or paper clip to press the Reset button.
- Let the extender reboot itself.
Kudos! You have successfully restored your wireless range extender to the default settings. The resetting process also resets extender password. So, after the extender factory reset, you can use the default admin password to perform extender setup.
Note: You can also consider Netgear genie download to configure your extender’s settings via a mobile device.
2. Extender Reset Using the Web User Interface
In order to soft reset extender, you must have the below-given tools in hand:
- A PC or laptop
- An Ethernet cable
- Obviously, your extender
After that, follow the steps mentioned below to restore WiFi range extender using web user interface:
- First and foremost, plug your extender into a power outlet and turn it on.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your extender and router.
- Thereafter, open an internet browser on your PC.
- Enter the default web address of your extender.
Quick Tip: Generally, extenders support mywifiext as the default web address. Whether you have employed the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 setup or are using an old extender in your home, use the said web address to log in.
- Now, hit the Enter key.
- The next page asks you to enter the username and password.
- Fill in the required details.
- Hit Log In.
- Once logged in, click on the Factory Reset button.
- Wait patiently until the reset process completes.
After the reset, your wireless range extender is all set for the reconfiguration. In case you are still unable to reset the WiFi extender, our proficient experts are just a step away. Just connect via live chat and let our technicians help you out.Tags: extenders