How to Setup Netgear Nighthawk X6 Mesh Extender?
Have you recently bought a new Nighthawk X6 extender and looking for an easy way for its setup? If yes, then, you are at the right page! Here, you will get to know step-by-step instructions on how to setup Netgear Nighthawk X6 extender in a matter of minutes. Let’s get the ball rolling.
The most important points that you need to take care for the flawless Nighthawk X6 EX7700 extender setup are as follows:
- Place your range extender in the same room as that of your existing WiFi router.
- The Nighthawk X6 extender and WiFi router should get the proper power supply.
- You must have a high-speed internet connection.
- Experts recommend that having a minimum of two web browsers installed on your computer can prove to be helpful. A situation may arise when you fail to log in to Netgear extender setup page due to web browser compatibility and version. In case fails, you can try doing set up using another web browser.
So, these are some measures you need to keep in mind to set up Nighthawk EX7700 X6 extender. Now, let us proceed a step ahead towards X6 extender setup instructions. Keep reading!
Netgear Nighthawk X6 Setup Methods
You can install the Netgear Nighthawk X6 extender via three different methods. They are:
- WPS method
- Manual method
- Ethernet method
Let us discuss all the three methods one by one.
Nighthawk X6 Extender Setup: WPS Method
WPS or WiFi Protected Setup is the easiest way to configure Nighthawk X6 extender. All you need to do is :
- Turn on both your Nighthawk X6 range extender and WiFi router.
- Press the WPS button present on the Netgear Nighthawk X6.
- Wait till the LED light turns solid green on your range extender.
- If you do not see the green Led emit on your extender, get immediate help from the professionals via toll-free +1-877-930-1770.
In case, you unable to understand the procedure on how to setup Netgear Nighthawk X6 with WPS method, you can consider employing Nighthawk extender manual setup method.
Netgear EX7700 Extender Setup: Manual Method
Every WiFi range extender is not the same! Some Netgear WiFi range extenders flaunts an Ethernet port while some don’t. So, in this scenario, how you can setup Netgear Nighthawk X6 WiFi extender manually?
In this section, we will tell you the complete steps to set up the Nighthawk extender without an Ethernet port in minutes.
- Turn on both Nighthawk EX7700 X6 extender and your existing WiFi router.
- Reset your Netgear EX7700 extender with the help of the Reset button and wait till the LEDs get stable or solid.
- After that, connect your computer with your home WiFi network.
- Visit Netgear genie setup web-based page.
- Enter the default Netgear extender login credentials and click on the Sign In button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and set up your Nighthawk extender.
- Once done, click on the Save button.
- Now, try to connect your device with the extended WiFi network.
Netgear X6 Extender Setup: Ethernet method
Nighthawk X6 WiFi range extender comes with an Ethernet port. Thus, you can configure it via using an Ethernet cable. Just follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Turn on your Netgear X6 extender and WiFi router.
- Reset your Nighthawk extender back to the default factory settings.
- Connect your EX7700 WiFi extender to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Wait for at least 2-3 minutes and let the router sync with your extender.
- Turn on your computer.
- Now, open any of web browsers and visit Netgear mywifiext setup page.
- You will land on the Netgear nighthawk login webpage. Enter the default Netgear extender login credentials.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Nighthawk extender as per your requirement.
- Once done, click on the Save button.
- Now try to connect your device with extended WiFi network.
If still, you face trouble with Nighthawk X6 extender setup , dial toll-free +1-877-930-1770 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: Netgear genie setup, Netgear nighthawk login, Netgear Nighthawk X6 Setup