How to Update Nighthawk X6 R8000 Firmware
Fed up of internet issues with your Nighthawk X6 R8000 router? Wondering how to make the router run faster? If you nod your head in yes, then it is time to update your Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware. Downloading and installing the newest firmware version on your router can help you fix and improve a faulty internet connection.
In addition to this, the latest firmware also makes your Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 router work better. Now, the question arises – how to update the Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware? Well, don’t worry! Just follow this guide and learn the AC3200 R8000 firmware update process. Let’s get started.
=Nighthawk X6 R8000 Firmware Update
There are three main methods for Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware update. They are:
- Using the Web User Interface
- Via the Nighthawk App
- Manually Update The Firmware
Let’s discuss all the Nighthawk router firmware update methods one by one:
1. Using the Web User Interface
Router companies regularly release new firmware updates to improve your router’s security, enhance its performance, and add new features. To make your router work properly, be certain to keep its firmware up-to-date.
Here are the steps to update your X6 R8000 firmware to the latest version using the web user interface:
- Plug in your Nighthawk router to a wall socket and turn it on.
- After that, turn on your PC or laptop.
- Launch an internet browser on it.
- Move the mouse cursor in the top-left corner and click on the address bar.
- Use the keyboard and type mywifiext.net.
- Once done, hit Enter.
- The next screen will prompt you to enter the username and password.
- Fill in the required details and click on the Log In button.
- After you logged in, head over to the Advanced Settings.
- Click on the Firmware Update > Check option.
- Let the router search for new available firmware.
- In case any new firmware version is available, click on the Yes button.
Now, wait for the Nighthawk AC32000 R8000 firmware update process to complete.
2. Via the Nighthawk App
If you want to update the router’s firmware right from the comfort of your couch, then we have got you covered! You can use your mobile as well! Yes, you read that right!
With the Nighthawk app, you can easily update your Nighthawk X6 AC3200 router’s firmware using your mobile. Here’s how to do so:
- Connect your mobile device to a high-speed WiFi network.
- Download and install the Netgear Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Once installed, open the app.
- When prompted, enter the router’s admin credentials.
- Tap on the Sign In button.
- Select your home router.
- Tap on the Check for Updates button.
- In case there is any new firmware update available, tap on the Update button.
There you are! You have successfully updated your Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 WiFi router’s firmware.
3. Update Nighthawk X6 Firmware Manually
On the off chance if you wish to load a specific firmware version on your Nighthawk router X6 R8000 AC3200, follow the instructions highlighted below:
- Take an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your router and modem.
- Now, get started with the R8000 firmware download process.
- Type the model number of your router in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Choose a firmware version for your router and hit Download.
- Navigate to the Netgear Nighthawk login web page through an internet browser.
- Click on the Router Update button.
- Hit Browse and select the firmware file you have downloaded.
- At last, click on the Upload button.
Kudos! Your Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware has been updated to the latest version.Tags: mywifiext.net, Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware