Netgear Genie Setup
Genie is a desktop app that efficiently works on both Mac and Windows PC. You can perform Genie setup for managing WiFi routers, providing you will be offered with a simple dashboard that will let you monitor, control and repair home networks. Whether you are facing problem while accessing mywifiext.net or getting annoyed because of general network issues, Genie is your best bet. Go through the steps below if you want to perform Netgear Genie setup.
Netgear Genie Download
The Genie app makes it possible to manage, monitor, and repair your home network the way you fancy. Using the Genie app, you can access various features of your router with your smartphone, be it Android or iOS. The Genie app allows you to access an array of features that includes Parental Controls, wireless settings, guest access, network map, traffic metering, and then some.
The Genie App supports both Android and iOS platforms. To download the Genie app, all you need to do is:
- Navigate to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store as per the availability of your device.
- Locate the Genie app.
- Download and install it on your device.
- Once installed, launch Genie app and follow the on-screen instructions to access various features of your router and control your home network with ease.
If you are facing any issue while downloading Genie app or doing Netgear Genie setup, feel free to get in touch with our expert technicians.
Once you download Genie app on your device, you can share and stream music or videos, diagnose and fix the network problems, and do a lot more. Let’s check the Genie app features you can use right from your device.
Genie Smart Setup
- Connect your extender to your router
- Launch any web browser
- Access mywifiext.net using default credentials
- Genie Smart Setup page will open
- Make changes to the technical settings as per your needs and requirements
Note: Before starting the process of Genie Smart Setup, make sure you have hold of a relevant Genie account.
New Extender Setup via Genie Setup Wizard
If you want to set up your extender with your WiFi router, all you need to do is get connected with Genie Setup, only if you’re not automatically directed to Genie.
- Launch your preferred web browser and type mywifiext.net in the web address bar.
- Genie Login page will appear. Enter the necessary details and proceed further.
- Once done, mywifiext.net setup page will display.
- Now hit the New Extender Setup button.
- Finally, you will now be connected with Genie setup wizard.
- Reaching here, you can set up various settings for your extender, be it basic or advanced.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and hit Next to complete the process.
If you are still facing any issues with Netgear Genie setup, contact our expert technicians who are 24×7 available for your rescue.
Genie Not Working
If you are facing the problem of Genie port forwarding not working, then you are at the right place. The reason behind the problem can be inaccessible servers that can block the forwarding of the port. Another reason behind the Genie not working problem can be that you might have entered inaccurate details in the port forwarding settings, which is resulting in Genie Port forwarding not working. Moreover, if you have set your IP address on your router as private, then it can also block the Genie port from opening.
If after following all the above steps, Genie not working problem still persists for you, look nowhere. Get instant solution to any problems related to Genie by contacting us via chat.
Genie App Features
- You can set up parental controls right from the home screen.
- The Genie app allows you to check and change the current wireless settings of your router.
- Genie app lets you know how quick your device can download the content of a website.
- The Genie app lets you access various tools like Ping, Computer Profile, DNS Lookup, and Trace Route.
- You will be able to create a guest network for your family and friends.
- The Genie app lets you know how quick your device can download the content of a website.
- You can perform a speed test for your ISP broadband network.
- You can access the network map for checking how many devices are connected to your network.
Change Your WiFi Password using Genie Setup Wizard
For those who want to change their network name or WiFi password, Netgear Genie Setup wizard can help you out. Follow the steps below to do the necessary.
- Launch your preferred web browser and enter the default site link routerlogin.net into the address bar.
- Now enter the default username and password.
- Select Wireless Settings option under the Setup.
- Make changes to your network name or password.
- Save changes by clicking Apply.
Following the above points, you will easily be able to change your network name or WiFi password. If, still the issues annoying you, contact our technicians for diagnosing the issues and fixing them.
Genie Setup Issues
While configuring Genie setup, users often stuck with various issues. These can be:
- Genie not connecting
- Genie not logging in
- Genie login not working
- Can’t log in to router via Genie
- Connectivity issues while firmware update via Genie
- Genie Continue button not working
If any of the above issues are hampering your overall Genie experience, our experts are available round the clock to solve your Genie problems.
You can also try following troubleshooting tips to access Genie Smart Wizard.
- Make sure your extender is properly connected to your router.
- Make sure the web browser you are using to access the default web address is not outdated.
- Try using another web browser.
- Check if your device is upgraded with the latest firmware or not.
- Reset Extender to default settings and give the Genie setup another try.
You can anytime reach out to us via chat or email. We are on our toes to solve your queries regarding Netgear Genie setup.