Nighthawk AX8 Setup | RAX80
EAX80 WiFi range extender supports the latest WiFi 6 generation 802.11ax standard. This powerful Nighthawk AX8 Mesh WiFi Extender is built for the future of wireless network signals for delivering the maximum capacity, maximum speed, and more network coverage area. Enjoy a better connected home experience and extend faster WiFi to the farthest corner of your home with Nighthawk AX8 setup. With 8-streams WiFi and spatial streams provide more bandwidth and less congestion for all the connected devices with home WiFi network.
Nighthawk AX8 Setup for Configure FastLane Technology
FastLane Technology offers you maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it provides high-speed network connection with a dedicated bandwidth connecting the router to RAX80 extender and the second bandwidth connect WiFi device and extender. Follow the below-mentioned steps to configure your Nighthawk AX8 Setup with FastLane Technology-
- For RAX80 mesh extender setup, connect your router to the range extender via Ethernet cable.
- Ensure that you have a well Internet connection.
- Open any of your preferred web browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (MAC or iOS).
- Visit extender setup page and enter the default extender login credentials. Hit the ‘Enter’ key or click on the Log In button.
- On Nighthawk AX8 setup, click on the ‘Do More’ option and then choose ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now choose one from two options i.e. ‘Extender-to-router in 5GHz only and Device-to-extender in 2.4GHz only’ or ‘Extender-to-router in 2.4GHz only and Device-to-extender in 5GHz only’.
- Once selected, click on the Save button.
Nighthawk AX8 Manual Setup
The time you have purchased a brand new Nighthawk RAX80 extender, you will get an installation manual guide in the box. The Nighthawk AX8 manual contains a series of setup guidelines from beginning to end. All you need to simply walk through Nighthawk AX8 manual setup steps to make your extender running within minutes.
However, understanding these Nighthawk AX8 Manual setup instructions are quite difficult for non-tech users. Therefore, the best way to install AX8 RAX80 WiFi extender is to get in touch with our experts. They will assist you with every complex step in an easy manner.
RAX80 Setup Using WPS Push Button
Steps for Netgear RAX80 setup using WPS are:
- Power on the RAX80 WiFi Range extender.
- Place your WiFi range extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug-in your extender into an electric power outlet.
- Press the WPS button present on the backside of the range extender.
- Wait for a few minutes, let the connection between your range extender and router be good.
Note: If your existing WiFi router supports the 5GHz bandwidth, your extender might attempts to connect to your WiFi router’s 5 GHz bandwidth, very first time you press the WPS button. If your Extender Setup does not work with your existing WiFi router in the very first time, it might result in many issues during RAX80 Setup. To fix such issues, contact us.
- Place your Nighthawk RAX80 extender to a new location but make sure that your range extender is within the network coverage zone of your WiFi router.
- Try to connect your laptop or smartphone with the extended WiFi network.
That’s how you can complete your RAX80 WiFi extender setup using WPS button.
Netgear Nighthawk AX8 Setup Using Installation Assistant
- Plug-in your extender into an electric power outlet to begin with Nighthawk AX8 setup.
- Place your WiFi range extender close to your existing WiFi router.
- If the extender does not light up, press the power button.
- Connect your Nighthawk extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser from your computer and visit mywifiext.net. If fails to visit, get in touch with our professionals.
- The installation assistant will pop on the desktop’s screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your extender.
- Once configured, move your RAX80 Nighthawk extender to a new location.
- If you get no or poor network connection, move your Nighthawk extender closer to your existing WiFi router and try to connect it again.
- Once you find the best location, try to connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
Update Firmware after extender setup
Does your WiFi range extender, all of the sudden stop working or behave weirdly? are you still facing the speed issue even after a successful Nighthawk AC setup? If yes, then update your RAX80 firmware right now. Extender firmware is a set of instructions, used to control the hardware of the extender.
- Firstly turn on your WiFi range extender.
- Connect your extender to the router.
- Once done, open any of your preferred web browsers.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- Fill the extender login credentials.
- Go to settings and then click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- If any firmware version is available, click on Yes button.
- Wait for some time and let your extender firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your Nighthawk RAX80 extender firmware has been updated. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our proficient experts.
How to Install Nighthawk RAX80 extender with Nighthawk App?
Users can also use the Netgear Nighthawk app for Nighthawk Setup and connect to the internet. This app is available for both major platforms i.e. Android and iOS.
Follow these steps to perform RAX80 Setup using the Nighthawk app:
- First of all, ensure that your router is connected to the internet.
- Note down the router’s SSID or network name and password.
- Now, turn on your extender.
- Download Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS device.
- After that, open the Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps to set up your WiFi range extender and connect to the internet.
Still can’t setup your WiFi extender? Don’t worry! Contact us and set up your extender in the comfort of your home.
Nighthawk RAX80 Common Setup Issues
- WiFi connectivity issues.
- mywifiext.net not working.
- MAC address filtering errors.
- RAX80 red light issues.
- Genie app does not open.
- Fails to connect to mywifiext.local.
- Forget the RAX80 login credentials.
- Incorrect extender login credentials.
- Fails to reset your WiFi range extender.
- WiFi extender is connected but no Internet access.
- Cannot find range extender SSID network name.
- Issues while accessing range extender default IP address.
- Genie smart setup page continues to appear after Nighthawk AX8 Setup.
Nighthawk RAX80 Extender Setup Troubleshooting
Follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear Nighthawk setup issues-
- Ensure that the Nighthawk AX8 range extender is receiving proper power supply from an electric power outlet.
- Make sure that the electric wall outlet is not damaged or short-circuited.
- You must have a high-speed internet connection.
- Check all the wired connection. Make sure there is no damaged cable.
- Place your WiFi range extender away from microwave ovens, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, room corners, etc.
- Use the latest and updated web browser during mywifiext extender setup.
- Keep your firmware device up to date.
- Reset your WiFi range extender to its factory default settings.
If none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips fix your Netgear RAX80 setup issues, do not panic. Fix your Nighthawk RAX80 extender setup issues by contacting us.